Is Working At Home Right For Me? Part 1

Maybe you've had your first (or second or third)child and you're yearning to be home with the little ones; maybe your children are older and you feel the need to be present in a greater way during their maturing years; maybe they're restructuring at your job and you feel like it's time to make that move; or maybe you just want someting DIFFERENT for you life, something new and fresh to call your own. Well then, let me be one of the first to welcome you to the world of the work at home mom, wahm for short.

This is a brave and bold journey that you are taking and not one to be entered in lightly as your fluctuating feelings may already be telling you. There are so many questions to be answered: is this the right time to make this kind of move; what will my/our income be like if I do this; will I lose all my working friends; will I be able to handle being at home so much; what will I actually DO during the day?

Let me encourage you, this adventure will be no different than the many other decisions you've made in the past - what type of education to get; where to live, whom to marry, how many kids should I have etc. etc. Life is consistant at presenting us, well, life changing events!

If you're heart is gently proding you to take the steps in this direction, if your head can think of as many or more positives than negatives for heading this direction, if your husband (if married) is willing to support your decision, then why not begin taking some baby steps into the work at home world?

See Part 2 of Is Working At Home Right For Me?

No comments: